100 Yd Target

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 Yd Target

The club has installed a metal gong target at the 100 yard line so that members have a reactive target. It is surrounded by wood barriers to prevent ricochet's. Please do NOT shoot it with 50cal.
    Thanks!

Yay! Hopefully it remains there.

Comment

Very cool. Thank you

Comment

Unfortunately that target didn't last long. Please do not shoot the target at 100 yard line as it is broken. We are working on getting the target replaced very soon.\

Thanks!

Comment

What in the ….?!?! Can’t have anything nice at this club. Lol!

Comment

Actually it was a design defect in the target. the manufacturer is meeting Don at the range to look at it and provide a replacement.

Comment

I have spoken to Nate at Reapers systems, he viewed the pictures of the gong we installed and agreed the welding was not done properly. He offered us another reaper gong free of cost and mentioned taking the broken one back to their fabrication shop. Today 3-24-23 I had contact with him again. He is going to deliver the new reaper gong to me tentatively on Monday 3-27-23 and we can keep the old gong. So there is a possibility we will have two gongs at the range; We still have to repair the old one. We have a member who has volunteered to weld/repair the old gong but, we need a stick welder 220/240 to do the job. I have a generator that will run the welder. If any member has a portable stick welder that we could borrow for the day that would be great or I will look into renting one.
              Thanks all Don

Last edited by thekoz; March 26, 2023, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• andrew@chaos.direct
                andrew@chaos.direct commented
                Editing a comment
                I've got a stick welder, if you still need it, let me know and we can set up a time to meet at the range.

did this get repaired? heading out there in a couple days.

Comment

Andrew, thanks for the offer of the welder. Dave Pettra met me at the range. We pulled the broken Bell/Gong and he repaired it and welded the new one also. We have re installed it. We will wait and see how the repairs hold up until we place the new one.
                Don

Comment

Working...
                X